Job Title: Director, Programmatic Monetization
Company and Role
Ideon Media has over a decade of experience supporting Canada’s largest brands and advertising agencies with a robust suite of media solutions. Representing some of the world’s largest media publishers (VICE, Vox, Bustle, IGN etc) and ad technology companies exclusively in Canada, we’re proud to offer some of the world’s most innovative media solutions to Canada’s largest advertisers and agencies.
We’re seeking somebody who is looking for career advancement through the rare opportunity to take full ownership (with support) of our programmatic practice. You will be fully responsible for Ideon’s programmatic monetization, including onboarding new publishers, optimizing programmatic revenue, and managing ongoing programmatic deals sold by the Ideon sales team. The role will be rewarding through active involvement in the product, sales and execution side of the business.
- Product: Full ownership of our Google Ad Manager Multiple Customer Management account, including development of our programmatic go-to-market strategy. Leverage our current programmatic offering and supply and expand the capabilities based on Canadian advertiser and agency needs. This will involve working closely with our publishing and ad technology partners to grow our programmatic capabilities to support our customers.
- Sales Support: Acting as a teammate to the sales team to drive revenue and support our customers in acting as a subject matter expert on programmatic and contribute to client meetings as required.
- Leadership: Manage Ideon’s programmatic team providing leadership and training for employees on day-to-day business and operational processes.
- Execution: Full responsibility for Ideon’s programmatic operations, including:
- Onboarding new publishers into Ideon’s network; determining optimal ad unit hierarchy to meet business needs, working with the publisher to deploy Ideon tags, setting up ad units in our ad server and exchange/SSP platforms, configuring header bidding implementation, etc.
- Setting up, monitoring and optimizing SSP deal IDs
- Technical and operational point of contact for Ideon’s publisher partners
- Configuring private marketplace (PMP) deals, inclusive of non-guaranteed PMP deals and programmatic guaranteed (PG) deals for campaigns that will be executed programmatically by the customer.Supporting our customers with best practices in setting up deals in their DSP, and campaign troubleshooting when required.
- Trafficking insertion-order (IO) based campaigns into our ad server.
- Optimization to maximize publisher revenue.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years in digital media and online advertising
- 3 – 5 years’ experience on the supply/ publisher side advertising, on-boarding and monetizing publisher inventory through Google Ad Manager and ad exchanges/SSPs
- Experience implementing header bidding, ideally using prebid.js
- Competencies with other digital advertising platforms: DSPs, DMPs, agency ad servers, tag management systems, etc.
- Autonomous and eagerness to take full ownership of strategic growth area of a business
- Highly detail-oriented, an excellent time manager able to juggle multiple tasks, obsessed with accurate and strong critical thinker
- Works well within a team environment
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.